Sales & Business Development Manager – Industrial Wastewater
Location: Home based - United States
$110,000-$137,000 plus commission and equity
We are hiring for a Sales and Business Development Manager in the US. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager looking to shape the future of water treatment solutions with Puraffinity, working at the intersection of strategy, business development, and technical innovation.
Reporting to the Vice President of Commercial, the Sales & Business Development Manager plays a critical role in the development, conversion and management of direct customers and business partners, working closely with the Product Development and Engineering teams to deliver value by meeting customers’ demands and needs.
You will be responsible for driving business growth by creating and implementing short and long-term commercial strategies to achieve corporate and divisional goals and objectives.
- Identify new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability and support Puraffinity’s business growth strategies.
- Develop and profitably grow Puraffinity’ sales for the Industrial Wastewater market space, in accordance with agreed targets, goals and budgets.
- Based upon market and competitive intelligence, key drivers and customer insights identify and prioritize growth opportunities by converting new businesses and growing existing accounts.
- Provide insights to the customers and partners through expert application of knowledge in the water treatment industry. Anticipate current and future needs of the customers through deep understanding of the customer’s business.
- Manage and drive the Business Development - Sales Cycle from lead generation to customer conversion and account management initiatives.
- Understand the competitive landscape and how to position Puraffinity to create a competitive advantage.
- Deliver annual business results, aligned with business plan, sales, margins, and volumes objectives.
- Negotiate pricing and margin (aligned with the business) using value selling and pricing tools to capture the optimum price and margins for Puraffinity.
- Drive customer intimacy by delivering Puraffinity’s value proposition tailored to meet the specific customer needs.
- Provide timely reports and all necessary internal/external communication, and collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Proven experience in a similar Sales, Business Development and Key Account Management roles.
- Must have previous experience working for one of the following market spaces: industrial water treatment; or reverse osmoses & membranes; or water treatment media manufacturers (Granular Activated Carbon and/or Ion Exchange Resins).
- Ability to communicate, work collaboratively and motivate others in a team-based environment.
Education Training and skills
- Ideally degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or other scientific discipline.
- A good balance between strategic thinking and execution.
- Results driven.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Customer driven / Customer intimacy mindset.
- Business acumen.
- Data Analysis and Project Management.
- Embrace change and innovation.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Positive, ‘’can do’’ attitude.
- Team player.
- Experience with CRM systems
We are an energetic, customer-driven advanced materials science company focused on designing, developing, and manufacturing smart engineered adsorbent to capture and retain PFAS (Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) from water across the Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Municipal market sectors.
Based in London – UK, Puraffinity was founded in 2015 and since then has become a leading organization in tackling PFAS, commonly known as The Forever Chemicals, due to its resistance and high mobility.
Our Vision is to provide 1 billion people with PFAS safe water by 2030, and our Mission is to protect environmental and human health by engineering precision materials to capture chemicals in water.
Puraffinity embraces diversity and fosters a collaborative and teamworking environment, and we dedicate 100% of our time to create a purposeful and sustainable environmental impact.
Our Core Values: The Environment, Collaboration, Ambition, Ground-Breaking Solutions, and Customer-Centric approach.